BNC 105 - Birck Orientation
An orientation class for all new users working at the Birck Nanotechnology Center. Click the "Get started" button above to begin.
- Code of Conduct
Challenge Type: Task and E-Signature
View the BNC 105 slides to gain a general understanding of the Birck facility layout, history, policies, and safety concerns. In viewing the slides, please direct any questions or needed clarifications to BNC Engineering Manager Ron Reger.
After you've viewed the slides, click the "Begin this Challenge!" button to certify that you have done so.
Challenge Type: Comprehension Check
- Pass the 35 question multiple choice quiz on content from the BNC 105 slides with an 80% or better. Feel free to refer to these during the quiz, if needed.
- Choose the most correct answer to each question.
- The quiz may be retaken once, if needed.
- If you fail to obtain an 80% after a second attempt on the quiz, your submission must be manually reset. Email BNC Engineering Manager Ron Reger (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "BNC 105 Quiz Reset" to setup a meeting to discuss any points of confusion and reset your submission.
105 - iLab & ID
Challenge Type: Task and Upload
- On the BNCWiki iLab page, follow the instructions in "Registering as a new iLab User" to:
Once your Lab Access and Store Room purchase request has been submitted in iLab, save a screen shot (to be uploaded later in this challenge) of the BRK Utility Core confirmation page that loads by default (The screenshot should look similar to the image here). This page can be found by either:
Clicking on the "View My Requests" tab within the BRK Utility Core
Navigating there directly (once signed into iLab):
Submit this challenge with two items:
In the 'Open Text', write your Purdue ID number AND the extra digit after your ID number. Your ID number and extra digit are required to enable your card swipe access to BNC.
Upload the iLab screenshot.
Your submission will be reviewed by BNC staff. You will receive an email notifying you that you've been awarded the BNC 105 badge when this submission has been approved.