LDT Online: Prezi Next
Alicia Marie King earned this badge on Jan 16, 2018
Prezi Next is a presentation and storytelling tool. It allows ideas and information to be presented on a virtual canvas and users zoom in and out as they read, watch, or listen to content elements that are presented and accessed.
Prezi Next as a tool
Reflect on the various ways that Prezi Next could be used in the educational, training, or personal learning environments. From your selected perspective, describe two different examples where Prezi Next could be integrated and used. In both cases, explain why Prezi Next could positively impact learning.
Use the open text area to submit your reflective response. As a suggestion, you may want to first compose your response in a word processed document, check for all editing that needs to be completed, save your response so that you can access it later, if needed, and then copy and paste your response in the open text area for this challenge.
Prezi is a great tool to use as an assessment. It’s beautiful transitions are it’s selling points. Many students and learners opt to use Prezi as an assessment tool due to the fact that it is a web tool and does not need to be downloaded or installed. Students can create a Prezi presentation on a certain topic to demonstrate understanding. The transitions can also show to instructors that students understand connections among topics.
Prezi can also be used my instructors to give depth and better make connections to topics and concepts. It’s fluid motions can help learners better make connections to the material. It can also be used for trainings or for informational purposes.
Using Prezi Next
Step-by-step instructions for completing this challenge
1.Review these Prezi tutorials
2.Go to the Prezi homepage (www.Prezi.com) to get started
3.Complete each of the following:
- Create an account -- sign up for a Prezi Next account (choose the free option)
- Add your profile -- Add a paragraph about yourself on your profile.
- Go to the Prezi Gallery tab and review several of the example Prezi presentation. Copy the link to your favorite and post it in the "Link" area of this challenge.
- Choose a theme related topic of your choice that you will create by using Prezi Next. Suggestions include creating a Prezi presentation about how to complete some type of instructional task (e.g., explain how to use the rule of thirds in photography, how to divide by two-digit numbers) or a presentation about some historical event, or even a presentation about a specific item or fact (e.g., brain anatomy, parts of a musical instrument).
- Review “Structuring in Prezi Next" and focus on the steps of how your project should be planned and designed.
- Create a new Prezi that contains the following elements:
- Choose Template - Choose an appropriate template for your Prezi.
- Create frames -- Create a minimum of 5-7 frames with appropriate text. These frames may either be imported from a PowerPoint, created in Prezi, or both.
- Add Picture - Add at least 2 pictures to your Prezi. These can either be uploaded from your computer or from the web (e.g., Flickr).
- Add Video -- Add at least 1 video to your Prezi. This can be uploaded from your computer or YouTube.
- Save a Copy -- Save a copy of your Prezi
- Submit a link to your Prezi presentation using the "Link" area.
Deliverables for this challenge
1. A link to a favorite, found Prezi.
2. A link to an original Prezi presentation which includes the following elements:
- 2 images
- Video (embedded)
- 5-7 -frame presentation
For successful completion of this challenge ensure all links are fully accessible by the grader and the presentation is professional (e.g. clear, logical navigation, coherent theme, all links and videos work).
** The following items are no longer available on Prezi. If I’m wrong I will be happy to keep searching but I followed the 26 tips to Prezi and many items look different.
Your profile -- Add a paragraph about yourself on your profile.
Highlight - Highlight one piece of important information within your Prezi.
Add Music - Add appropriate music to your Prezi from a common or royalty-free source (e.g., Free Play Music).
I tried to add music, however, they wanted me to enter a credit card to do so before even starting the trial, and I did not feel comfortable doing that at this time.