LDT Online: Padlet
Alicia Marie King earned this badge on Jun 20, 2017
Padlet is a digital pinboard that allows to you create a "wall" where you can easily collaborate with others and share discussions, ideas, documents, videos, and web links, as well as post notices and collect feedback.
Padlet as a tool
Reflect on the various ways that Padlet could be used in the educational, training, or personal learning environments. From your selected perspective, describe two different examples where Padlet could be integrated and used. In both cases, explain why Padlet could positively impact learning.
Use the open text area to submit your reflective response. As a suggestion, you may want to first compose your response in a word processed document, check for all editing that needs to be completed, save your response so that you can access it later, if needed, and then copy and paste your response in the open text area for this challenge.
I currently use Padlet in my classroom as a way for my students to brainstorm and research a project. I will give them a topic and they are in charge of researching the topic and posting their findings in the form of videos, pictures, or website links within the padlet. We will then have a time for the students to explore each other’s posts. This collaborative research project is interactive and promotes research and sharing their findings.
I have also used Padlet to present projects in my classroom. I have students create a project on Google Slides, youtube video or paper and we can then link their project to Padlet for other students to explore or for teachers to reference for ideas. Padlet is a great curation tool. A teacher could also curate sources on a topic for students to explore to eliminate going to the internet for younger grade levels. The possibilities to use Padlet are endless!
Step-by-step instructions for completing this challenge
- Review these Padlet tutorials
- Go to the Padlet website (www.padlet.com) to get started
- Complete each of the following:
- Sign up for a Padlet account.
- Build a wall of information and media specifically about a topic that you are interested in
- Modify the wall by adding a title, description, new background, etc.
- Modify the wall's padlet.com URL address for your wall to something that is appropriate and reasonable to recall.
- Adapt your privacy setting so that it is public and that you moderate the posts of others who may write on your wall.
- Create a minimum of 5 notes about the topic of your wall and arrange them in some way on your wall.
- Attach a picture to one or more of your notes on the wall.
- Attach a video link to one or more of your notes.
- Share a relevant document by posting it on the wall and labeling it in a way that is relevant to those reading the wall.
- Make the wall into a repository of materials about the relevant topic.
- Arrange the items on the wall so that those viewing it will grasp the inherent organization.
- Upload your wall’s link.
- Create a second wall - in this case the wall will focus on sharing information and having others comment and discuss the info.
- Modify and format the wall so that it looks professional.
- Modify the privacy settings to allow you to moderate the posts of others.
- Post a question, a short document/statement or a link to a video and then ask for comments from others.
- Send out emails requests for people to view your Padlet wall and comment directly on the wall. You must get a minimum of 3 comments posted from others on your wall.
- Upload the link to your Padlet wall.
* This list of tasks was adapted from the work of R. West, D. Randall (2014) and their colleagues at Brigham Young University (iptedtec.org). Permission was granted for the use of this list of tasks.
Criteria for successful completion of this challenge
Deliverables have been uploaded in the appropriate format, with all the required items described (see list in 'deliverables' section below), and are fully accessible by the grader.
Deliverables for this challenge
- 1 link to your Padlet wall #1 focusing on one-way communication of information, including the following items:
- Customized url
- 5 notes
- 1 link to your Padlet wall #2 for the purpose of sharing/brainstorming/project collaboration, including the following items:
- 1 (or more) question/comment
- At least three responses to a question/comment by other users/students/friends