LDT Online: Creately
Alicia Marie King earned this badge on Mar 12, 2018
Creately is a brainstorming, diagramming, and charting tool that allows collaboration among multiple individuals. It provides a visual communication platform that can be used to create flowcharts, Gantt charts, organization charts, and even info-graphics.
Creately as a tool
Reflect on the various ways that Creately could be used in the educational, training, or personal learning environments. From your selected perspective, describe two different examples where Creately could be integrated and used. In both cases, explain why Creately could positively impact learning.
Use the open text area to submit your reflective response. As a suggestion, you may want to first compose your response in a word processed document, check for all editing that needs to be completed, save your response so that you can access it later, if needed, and then copy and paste your response in the open text area for this challenge.
Creately would be great for students to create various maps that would included focusing on processes or explaining a system. They also could brainstorm and connect possible links among events. I would use Creately in my classroom to create writing webs for students to plan their writing. These are some of the obvious ways to use this tool.
However, there really could be many uses with this tool because it can be manipulated so much. I have seen infographics made using Creately as well as posters. You could use this tool in the classroom. Creately offers a number of ways to take information and organize it in a very presentable way.
Step-by-step instructions for completing this challenge
- Review these Creately tutorials
- Go to the Creately homepage (www.creately.com) to get started
- Complete each of the following*:
- Open a new project/document
- Name the project and give it an appropriate description.
- Create a chart and add at least 5 shapes.
- Add at least 4 connection points on your chart.
- Add relevant text to the 5+ shapes on your chart.
- Add at least 1 relevant note to your chart. Screenshot it, save it as a png. image, and name it "note".
- Add at least 1 relevant comment to your chart. Screenshot it, save it as a png. image, and name it "comment".
- Add at least 1 relevant object relative to your chart from the "get more objects" (e.g., an image).
- Link at least 1 shape to an outside source (video, website, etc.)
- Publish your Creately project to obtain a shareable link to submit via passport.
*This list of tasks was adapted from the work of R. West, D. Randall (2014) and their colleagues at Brigham Young University (iptedtec.org). Permission was granted for the use of this list of tasks.
Deliverables for this challenge
All deliverables need to be designed, uploaded, and viewable for the evaluator. For a successful submission you will need:
- A link to your shared Creately diagram, which contains the following items:
- 5 shapes with text
- 4 connection points
- 1 image
- 1 link to external object
- 1 uploaded object
- A screenshot of a comment on the side of your Creately diagram.
- A screenshot of a note on the side of your Creately diagram.
Don't forget professioanlism! All work should be visually pleasing and ideas coherent with logical connections.